Google Arts and Culture


GOOGLE ARTS & CULTURE





Who is your ART twin?

O.K. I admit it. I have been having so much fun with Google's Arts and Culture App. You take a selfie and it uses facial recognition to match you with some of the world's most famous portraits.



My Dad 
Everywhere I go I ask people if I can take their picture.
Tawny Stewart
Over 40 million selfies have happened world wide with people trying to find their art twins. It isn't however without controversy. Some states do not allow access because it infringes on their biometric privacy laws. The App also is not very equitable. There are more than 700,000 items from the United States, more than 75,000 from the United Kingdom, and nearly 60,000 from Germany. Compared to only 16,000 from Mexico. This does tend to limit results to be bias towards white users.
Give it a try and see who you look like.


No comments:

Post a Comment